Bangalore Ceramics specializes in joining ceramic-to-metal and metal-to-metal assemblies by vacuum brazing. We manufacture a wide variety of vacuum brazed metal to ceramic seals using our proprietary oxide ceramics which,
- Maximize electrical insulation with high dielectric properties
- Stay leak-tight under extreme pressure and vacuum
- Are highly corrosion-resistant
- Can be used in high temperature and cryogenic application
Some of the applications of vacuum brazed ceramic-to-metal are microwave tubes, particle accelerators, semiconductor feedthrough, laser devices of high vacuum integrity and medical devices which require ceramic-to-metal seals like implantable devices & surgical tools.
Our vacuum brazing process is compatible for the Military, Aerospace and Medical industry.
We ensure that the metal-to-metal vacuum brazing process doesn’t oxidize the metals, therefore removing the need for plating or coating. Depending on the material type and part geometry, our experienced engineers develop the appropriate brazing joint design.
We also glaze ceramic products to protect against contamination and to facilitate easy cleaning and maintenance.
Conventional brazing materials – Copper, Silver, Gold and precious metal eutectics for any biocompatible requirement
Alumina materials – 92%, 94%, 96%, 99.7%, Zirconia Toughened Alumina (ZTA), Aluminium Nitrade
Higher performance ceramics – Yittria stabilized Zirconia, Zirconia Toughened Alumina (ZTA), Sapphire
Metals – OFHC Copper, Stainless Steel, Invar, Kovar, Nickel, Titanium
Super alloys – Molybdenum, Platinum, Platinum Iridium, Niobium, Tungsten
- Electrical feedthroughs
- Electrosurgical instrumentation
- Feedthroughs for active medical implants
- Gas detectors
- Gas lasers
- High voltage feedthrough for medical imaging applications
- Implantable feedthroughs
- Mass spectrometry
- Microscopes (TEM, SEM)
- Nuclear detectors
- Optoelectronics and power tubes
- Particle accelerators
- Rechargeable batteries for energy storage
- RF windows